U.S. Postal Service Suspends Services in Parts of Minneapolis Due to Safety Concerns
The U.S. Postal Service announced this afternoon it has suspended all services at the following Minneapolis locations due to safety concerns.
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Have a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits.
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- eBay to compete with sellers now!
- New stamp prices and fee increases are coming from USPS on July 9.
- SMALL BUSINESS WEEK SPECIAL: Three tips for SMB ecommerce success in 2023.
- Powderhorn Post Office, 3045 Bloomington Ave., 55407-9998
- Lake Street Post Office, 110 E. 31st St., 55408-3103
- Minnehaha Post Office, 3033 27th Ave. S, 55406-9998
Not only are the retail operations suspended, but also delivery service to about 58,000 homes and 1,700 PO Box customers served from these locations.
On Friday, USPS extended these closures until Monday, June 1, 2020.
The USPS concerns about the safety of its staff are due to violent protests in the area over the death of a black man in Minneapolis police custody.
“The safety of our employees providing this essential service is our highest priority. Our Postal Inspection Service will review the situation of current events daily and determine whether or not our employees are safe to deliver to these communities.”Postmaster William Jones
We will update this story as more information becomes available regarding USPS operations in Minneapolis or other parts of the country where some protests have been reported or are planned.
These three locations have also been added to our regular updates on USPS domestic service disruptions.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.
Richard is co-founder of eSeller365. He has over 17 years of experience on eBay which includes tens of thousands of sales to buyers in over 100 countries and even has experience with eBay’s VeRO program enforcing intellectual property rights for a former employer. And for about two years Richard sold products on Amazon using Amazon FBA in the US.
To “relax” from the daily business grind, for a few weekends a year, he also works for IMSA as a professional race official.