The rapid spread of the McKinney Fire in Siskiyou County, California has caused USPS to close post offices in the area. This closure affects the following post offices:
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
- Klamath River Post Office, 20523 State Highway 96, Klamath River, CA 96050-9998
Happy Camp Post Office, 33 Davis Road, Happy Camp, CA 96039-9998– Reopened
- Scott Bar Post Office, 27233 Scott River Road, Scott Bar, CA 96085-9998
Seiad Valley Post Office, 44717 State Highway 96, Seiad Valley, CA 96086-999– Reopened
The U.S. Postal Services advised that retail services, including mail and package pickup, have been relocated to:
Yreka Post Office, 401 S Broadway Street, Yreka, CA 96097-9998.
This post office is open for retail counter services, Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. The location is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
For business customers, drop shipment hours are Monday – Friday from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Evacuations have been ordered in the area, which impacts mail delivery. USPS confirmed in a bulletin that road closures are creating some delays.
Merchants Should Monitor USPS Shipments to Area
Historically, tracking of mail into areas impacted by natural disasters or other emergencies can be erratic and show significant pauses of no activity.
Online merchants and sellers should monitor USPS shipments destined to the 3-digit zip code of 960 for any unusual delays.
Please see our USPS Service Status on Domestic Services and Shipments page here for more domestic disruptions in the U.S. Postal Service network.
We will update this post when more information becomes available from USPS. This information was last updated on 8/3/2022.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.