USPS issued a bulletin that it was forced to close several retail locations in South Dakota and North Dakota due to an extreme winter storm bringing blizzard conditions to the region resulting in road closures and power outages.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
- Meadow Post Office 111 Main Street Meadow SD 57644 Retail Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Saturday 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Reva Post Office 14759 SD Highway 20 Reva SD 57651 Retail Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Zeeland Post Office 108 S Main Zeeland ND 58581 Retail Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm (Closed for lunch 12:00 – 12:30) Saturday 9:00 am – 9:30 am
USPS Continues to Provide Delivery Services
The US Postal Service will continue operating in the affected regions delivering mail and packages where possible. Residents are urged to help their carriers access homes and businesses by clearing a path for them.
You may want to put your online store or listings on vacation mode until you can ship packages in a timely manner as stated in your shipping & handling policy.
If you are a marketplace seller on eBay or Etsy that is affected by this storm, you should contact your buyers if you are having issues sending packages out on time.
Usually, eBay and other marketplaces will accommodate sellers who have problems sending orders out and will remove negative feedback or shipping metrics due to extreme weather events.
If you are a seller that sent packages to the affected area, tracking may become erratic and could show a long period without movement. USPS will not transport mail until it’s safe to do so and backlogs at transit points could delay mail transport further.
Update: On April 18, 2022, USPS issued a notice that the three post offices had reopened.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.