In August 2020, USPS launched a loyalty program for small business shippers who use the Postal Service’s Click-N-Ship web shipping platform to mail packages.
Check Out These Resources
- Do you need a business bank account for your online business? Take a look at our review of the five best bank accounts for sellers, some of which are free with no minimum balance or deposits. [sponsored]
- Boost your social media engagement with Publer. Learn how you can save time writing engaging content faster with AI. [sponsored]
- Could your online business use capital for growth? Here is a primer on revenue-based loans, and how they work.
What you need to know: The goal of the initiative is to reward small business customers with credits when they purchase Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express postage through the USPS Click-N-Ship web platform.
These credits can then be applied to future purchases of these services, reducing the overall cost of shipping for small business customers.
How it works: Last year, USPS enhanced the loyalty program’s three tiers, with each level offering rewards or discounts, similar to many popular travel and airline loyalty programs.
- Base: Existing and new USPS customers that sign up for the program automatically start out in this tier, earning $40 in credits for each $500 spent in qualifying Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express products.
- Silver: Businesses that in the prior calendar year made $10,000 of qualifying Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express purchases earn $50 in credits for each $500 spent.
- Gold: And businesses that in the prior calendar year reached $20,000 of Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express purchases do not earn credits. But instead have access to commercial base pricing, offering up to 20 percent immediate savings on Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express shipments.
USPS said this week it has reached a major milestone with its loyalty program early — enrolling more than one million members, generating over $500 million in revenue since its inceptions.
Aside from reaching the milestone earlier than expected, USPS also revealed that more than 2,000 participants have qualified for the silver and gold tiers in the first year of the program.
Where to get more information: It appears the USPS Loyalty Program is off to a good start saving many small businesses a little money when shipping with USPS.
With postage rates increasing again in January, now might be the right time to join the program if you use the USPS Click-N-Ship web platform.
The USPS Loyalty Program page on usps.com has more information on how to get started.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We do not sell your information.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Marketplace Sellers and interact with us and other small business owners. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to stay up to date with relevant news and business insights for your online business.