Walmart released its Q4 earnings this morning and here are some of the highlights.
We will have a more comprehensive story later today with focus on Walmart’s eCommerce operations.
- Total revenue was $138.8 billion, an increase of $2.5 billion, or 1.9%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $140.5 billion, an increase of $4.2 billion, or 3.1%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales on a two-year stack of 6.8% is the strongest growth in 9 years.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce continued to benefit from the expansion of grocery pickup and delivery and a broader assortment on Walmart.com.
- Sam’s Club comp sales increased 3.3%, and eCommerce sales grew 21%.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $32.3 billion, a decline of 2.3%. Excluding currency, net sales were $34.0 billion, an increase of 2.7%.
- Adjusted EPS excludes the effects of two items:
- A charge of $0.17 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform
- An unrealized gain of $0.03 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
Fiscal Year 2019 Highlights
- Total revenue was $514.4 billion, an increase of $14.1 billion, or 2.8%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $515.1 billion, an increase of $14.8 billion, or 3.0%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 3.6%. Grocery pickup and delivery are available in more than 2,100 and nearly 800 locations, respectively.
- Walmart U.S. eCommerce sales increased 40%. Net Promoter Score and the company’s Customer Value Index continue to improve.
- The company generated $27.8 billion in operating cash flow and returned $13.5 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
- Adjusted EPS excludes the effects of three items:
- A charge of $1.54 related to the sale of a majority stake in Walmart Brazil
- An unrealized loss of $0.95 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
- A charge of $0.16 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform
Subscribe to Our Newsletter Today
Stay in touch with the latest business insights for your online business
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe anytime
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.