As 2017 enters it’s twilight but also busiest time of the year for many eCommerce sellers, eBay has released an interactive website documenting some of their numbers in a fun and easy to digest manner.
You can take a look at the website here: http://www.ebay-report.co.uk/
A look at the eBay stats for 2017
- 1.1 Billion items listed on eBay Globally
- A makeup product is purchased every 3 seconds
- An automotive part ever second
- A video game every 8 seconds
Exporting is key
The UK exports the majority of it’s products to the USA, followed by France, Italy, Germany and Australia in that order.
- eBay’s Global Shipping Program handles over 5.5 million parcels a year from UK sellers
- Jewellery and Watches are the most exported items from the UK
- 74% of small businesses believe exporting is key to the success of the UK economy.
- 83% of sellers exported to six or more countries in the past year.
What’s Trending in the UK?
Trends can come and go, with some items being popular year round such as iPhones, as well as those which have sudden sharp bursts of popularity such as Fidget Spinners. Here are 5 of the most searched for products on eBay UK.
- iPhone (7.7 million searches)
- Fidget Spinners (21.7 million searches)
- Lego (4.4 million searches)
- Hatchimal (4.5 million searches)
- Harley Quinn (4 million searches)
eBay Search Statistics
It is unsurprising that eBay search can be influenced by what goes on around the world. eBay have shared with us some of the key searches related to external factors throughout 2017.
- March 2017 – Rise in searches for ‘Hands free car kits’ due to a law change in the UK
- April 2017 – Saw the boom of Fidget Spinners on eBay with a peak of 70 searches a second
- June 2017 – Saw a heatwave hit the UK and as such a boom in searches for paddling pools
We hope you’ll agree these statistics from eBay are insightful and the ones we have included are just a handful.
Check out the eBay Reports site and let us know what you think of the eBay insights in the comments below.